SLIDESHOW EXPLANATION

THE PHOTOS SCROLLING BY IN THE SLIDESHOW ON THE LEFT ARE ORIGINAL AND CAN BE VIEWED OR PURCHASED AT WWW.WIZARDPIXPHOTOGRAPHY.COM

Thursday, January 2, 2014

A SIGN THAT THE APOCALYPSE IS UPON US... ALABAMA COUPLE NAMES NEWBORN SON "KRIMSON TYDE"

Little "Krimson Tyde" Steele                     


          First of all, I can understand a sports addiction.  I have one of my own, and it's an all-encompassing thing that's caused me untold joy and grief in my life.  But I think I've got somewhat of a grip on my problem, and have some idea of what's acceptable and what's over the top.  For example, I've not painted the house orange and white, or put a Vols logo on the exterior walls of our dwelling.  And I didn't name my kids Peyton or Neyland...

          But a young couple in Andalusia, Alabama has taken their love for the University of Alabama's athletics department to new levels of absurdity, almost to the point of child abuse, in the opinion of many.

         Summer and Steven Steele had a baby on December 17th, and named their newborn son "Krimson Tyde" Steele.  They've been blasted on Twitter and social media ever since.

         Personally, I think their son's behavior patterns growing up with that curse of a name will be punishment enough for the Steele's, and don't feel it necessary to rant too much about their poor choice from the Baby Name book.

         I'm just thankful for the kid's sake that his parents aren't fans of Texas Christian University.

         Growing up as "Horned Frog Steele" would be rough.

         

6 comments:

bj said...

Even werser ... U.C. Santa Cruz!
"Personally, I think their son's behavior patterns growing up with that curse of a name will be punishment enough for the Steele's"
If only parents thought of the quenseconces before hanging a handle like that on a kid. In Vietnam I (swear to god) had a 2nd Lt., last name Head ... first name Richard. I'm certain he must have eventually killed his parents .....

squatlo said...

Dick Head would be a tough moniker to deal with, ala "A Boy Named Sue" from Johnny Cash. Bound to have been a bad-ass growing up with that around his neck.

The NASCAR driver Dick Trickle could probably relate.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Happy New Year!

squatlo said...

Right back atcha, Lassie...

Sarge said...

Let me think...
William Bill - Bill Bill
Anita Dick

Captain Frank Karash
air traffic control officer
Someone in officer assignments did that.

As to the sports thing - We have an asshole who drives a huge Dodge Ram painted with Steelers yellow logo that invades my Hooters.
Another guy I know has his whole garage done in crimsom and cream -
Indiana University (just lost to Illinois by 3 in OT).

The worst ever was the NASCAR freak in town up in Indy for the Brickyard with Darrel Earnhardt's signature tattooed on his upper arm. I asked him if he had a number 3 on the head of his dick?
Never answered - Didn't have to...


Sarge

Don said...

Squat. Have a friend In Austin named Richard Tingley, goes by... you guessed it.

His telephone listing is classic.